Monday, April 4, 2011

The Optimist Creed

i use to be one very optimistic person. couple of years back, i am a person that could see the tiniest rainbow in the largest storm cloud you can ever imagine. or the blink of the bright light in a very very dark and long tunnel. i will most probably be the last person that say.. "shit.. im dead" in any dire situation where everyone else has already begun to give up. i smile at everything, bad or good, i mourn loses of course, but always take it as a memory that helps me to become stronger.

that was before.

is it just me, or its happening to everyone that, as we get older, it is becoming more and more harder to become a optimistic person. i personally think, as we grow older, our responsibilities keep piling up. and this responsibilities takes the time away for us to actually ponder upon the positive things in life. i am finding the glass half full looks half empty more often than before. which makes me wonder sometimes, what had change? is it me becoming more mature, or me being innocent. i guess i now understand life more than before, that the once half full glass is actually just half filled, and possible be empty soon.

as a person under the health umbrella. we use the word prognosis pretty often. roughly carries the meaning of, chances of recovery. with any condition, we could generally know which direction things are going to. isn't it great when we can tell everyone, 'yeap, i can fix you, and you will feel much better'

anyway, here is a creed that i took from my aunt's page. title: the optimist creed.

Promise myself to be so strong that nothing can disturb my peace of mind.

To talk health, happiness, and prosperity to every person I meet.

To make all my friends feel like there is something in them.

To look at the sunny side of everything and make my optimism come true.

To think only of the best, to work only for the best, and expect only the best.

To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as I am about my own.

To forget the mistakes of the past and press on the greater achievements of the future.

To wear a cheerful countenance at all times and give every living person I meet a smile.

To give so much time to the improvement of myself that I have no time to criticize others.

To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, and too strong for fear, and to happy to permit the presence of trouble.


p/s: aunt felicia, may you be well and happy always. =)