Thursday, May 22, 2008

yeah yeah syndrome

only having 2 other chinese speaking students in my podiatry program made me realise the fun of speaking the australian english. yeah??
yeah. here it goes.
please insert your intonation yea??
ta*
.
me: hey
aussie: hey, how are yeah?? [pronounce as 'yah']
me: good..(automatic answer.. not good also answer good). you??
aussie: i am fine, thanks. just finish my job before rushing here. How was your weekend??
me: nothing much.. just the usuals *smiles* [halfway yawning]
aussie: yeah.. don't you just hate monday lectures??
me: haha, yeah.. i didn't want to get off the bed today..
aussie: yeah.. is so cold outside today
me: the sun is out thou.. but the wind is so strong
aussie: yeah, bet you were freezing when u cycle today
me: haha, yupp. my fingers was numb just now.
aussie: really? thats kinda sucks isn't it?
me: yeah.
aussie: have you printed out the notes for today lecture??
me: notes? oh, i printed them this morning. 30 over slides...
aussie: yeah, i didn't get mine thou,
me: should be able to get along without them i guess
aussie: yeah, i never understand what he/she say anyway...
me: haha, yeah.. me too... she was so fast the last lecture...
aussie: yeah.. i don't like her/him...
me: *smiles*
[after lecture]
me: heading home now??
aussie: yeah. you??
me: yeah.. getting home now..
aussie: yeah, alrite then.. catch yeah later
me: okay.. c ya
.
count how many 'yeah' is there....(___) <-- [place answer here]
lets try putting a malaysian into place.
.
me: WEI!
malaysian: Oi, so late wan oh??
me: you early jeh.. come so early for wat??
malaysian: where got early?? got 10 more minutes lecture d.. samore early??
me: ok lorr.. i late lorr.. happy?? [halfway yawning, other halfway giving 'swt' look..]
malaysian: haizz... dun't like this lecture la.. so early.. damn sien..
me: haha, yalorr.. early morning need to wake up... haizz..
malaysian: samore outside so cold leh...
me: cold meh?? got sun ah.. where got cold... wind blow dat time cold la. no wind not cold leh..
malaysian: yalah yalah... u strong la... ciu
me: of course ah.. at least stronger than u.. but then horr.. when reach uni horr.. my finger turn white leh... haha
malaysian: nah.. you see you see, say strong worr.... blaff wan... dai si.. (serve you right) *laughing out loud*
me: ok lorr... me not strong lorr.... happy?? at least stronger than u mah can lorr... huh~
malaysian: ei.. u got print notes a not??
me: notes?? that 30 plus slides dat one?? got ah.. why?
malaysian: i haven't print leh... how ah??
me: ceh... since when u print notes wan ah?? always see you never print notes wan la... but then.. this lecturer got notes, no notes oso the same wan lah...
malaysian: ya lah... i print oso dun read wan la...
me: haha.. ok lorr.. as long as you are happy.. this lecturer dono rushing for wat.. like rushing for thao toi (recarnation) like that only
malaysian: haha.. ya lorr... ish! i dun like him/her larrr
me: *smiles*
[after lecture]
me: OI! balik ka?
malaysian: yalah.. stay in uni for wat??
me: dono you.. ok lah.. me oso wan to balik di..
malaysian: haha.. ok ok.. bye
me: bye
.
count how many 'yeah' in the 2nd version....(___) <-- [place answer here]
.
hmmm.... am i too boring for the australian guy?? i think i might have bored him/her to death... yeah?? yeah..
*ta = thank you.

2 comments:

s1m said...

YEA.. They do yea all the way long.. n their 'i' and 'a' very confusing.. wondering whether my pronounsation got problem or wateva.. When I spell my name.. ch'i'n, y'i't, s'i'm.. they always got my 'i'(s) as 'a'(s).. speechless..

Anonymous said...

nice!