Sunday, October 5, 2008

guardian angel

hiding behind the scenes, looking after the special person. you take notice on their daily events, their games, while they eat and all, yet you know they don't know they are being watched by a guardian angel. you wonder, if they were aware that they were being watch.

"ok masters, now you can write a message of encouragement to your angel, get a roommate of the angel to place them on their bed tonite."
"hmm.... who's my angel ah??"
"oh.. i know her.. easy job"

writing these messages isn't as easy as i thought. words of encouragement, and advices, yet you cannot tell them who are you. nevertheless, i wrote what i have in mind, following an advice given to me right before the camp, "use your heart". alrite message written, although others attached sweets and candies on their message, i choose not to, as i thought mine will not eat the candy. i handed the letter to the roommate and go on with my work. many others put much effort in making their message beautiful and attaching sweets and chocolates to them.

*being shaken awake*
"are you my angel??"
"huh" [still in blur state]
"i know you are my angel!!!"
"oh.. no i am not..... sorry.."
"oh... then you are my guardian!!!"
"hahahaha.... "

i wrote the normal greetings, 'how are you' and stuff, then i congratulated their team effort and my angel's leadership. thinking what else to write, i remembered that we already know each other before this event. the time i was my angel's group leader and now i am my angel's guardian angel. how small the world is eh?? nevertheless, i ended my message with some blessings and wishing my angel all the best for the next event. not being able to be with my angel most of the day made me kinda guilty, so i told myself to try to put more attention to helping her in the following day.. quietly.

"i have no wings nor ring, yet i am your angle angel guardian. how are you doing today?? sure must be tired after the long day right.............."

given the job in camp to photograph and observed, i realise there are many occasions that the angel and the angel guardian are so closely together yet both of them don't realise that they are there. maybe is fate that brought both together yet also fate that hides them the truth that they are related in some ways. there are pictures that i realise that the angel guardian is just next their particular angel playing around and enjoying cracking jokes and laughing together... yet they didn't realise that. i wonder how many other occasions that we are related to the person next to us throughout our life.

"are you a malaysian???"
"yeah.. i am.. "
"so you are my guardian angel then!!!"
"huh?? no.. why say so??"
"coz the letter say that my angel guardian is a malaysian"
"hahaha, there are plenty of malaysians..... HEY MALAYSIANS RAISE UP YOUR HANDS"
[half of guardian angels raised their hands......]

in that night.... we receive the reply of our angels, of course most of them question who are we, and as usual, we didn't put any answers out. nevertheless, some receive touching messages, some didn't receive any replies. yet, i received mine fold nicely. reading the message made me laugh, as my angel didn't know who was i, yet we were group members before. replied the message again, and move on with my activities. in my heart, i know my angel is safe, happy and enjoying herself out there somewhere. receiving their reply gave us all much laughter and joy, forgetting all the tiring times we had in the day. what goes around comes around... words of encouragement given by us has also encourage us to do better for them, as we know, all our efforts will be noticed and will be remembered.

"ok.. who do u think your guardian angel is?? just point"
"erm.. camera man??"
"no, i'm sorry..."
"try again.. just point"
[points to some1 else]
"yay!!!! thats your guardian angel!!!"
[guardian angel gives a big hug to the little angel]

5 comments:

Wallflower said...

WenQi ah...interesting post. =P

Anonymous said...

hahaha...
hellooo my angel void of wings and a ring.
yep i had no idea, am i that oblivious?
hope yu know yu spelt angel wrong alot in my letter! haha

orange said...

lolz.. yeah i know... my fault *blush*
hi karen!!!! didn know u read this too =) hahahaha

Anonymous said...

haha...were you rushing? tsk tsk *shakes head*
yea carmen sent me the link.

orange said...

hahaha... not really rushing, but then, i been spelling 'angle' as angel.... thinking back.. it sure sounds weired when you read it.. hahahaha