Monday, December 3, 2007

workshop ~ finale

'alright class, that's all for today. take care and all the best in everything you do.'
and that's how i end my 10 day experimental science and mathematics workshop.

here are the feedback i got from my boss:
~better than expected
~teaching is in your genes
~parents ask about workshop in the future
~have a new pathway to go for the future
~kids like you

this are the interesting feedback from the students
~teacher in should improve in his chinese
~time extend to 3 hours for 90 days
~more work, more cutting, more origami!!!!

names that add to list:
~lau tze
~sin sang
~sir
~teacher
~kor kor
~mad scientist
~NWQ

its been a great experience teaching the 22 students for the past 10 days. and i have really learn a lot from this workshop. humans are organisms that is able to adapt to its surrounding and its needs. i admit i once say before that teaching is not my line. although now i still don't think teaching is my line, but now its a choice for me. a new pathway, or maybe as a last resort.

teaching students of different background makes you a fair person. especially when you are facing a very well to do student and also students that only have plain white rice and maggi seasoning as flavour for dinner. yes.. white rice + maggi seasoning. there are some that never even see and eat a pizza. and of course, for those well to do, they own mobile phones more advance than me. the gap is there.

for the three classes i conduct, i like the most is with the primary 5 - 6 class. they are the best among all, i love them =) and i am going to miss them. especially the group of girls =) and the guys that always cheer the atmosphere up with their naughty ethics. you 8 people have always make a good start for the days ahead for me =) thanks a lot.

for the primary 3 - 4 class, well your class is the hardest to control and also the hardest to teach. not that i am complaining here, your group is so diverse that group approach seems impossible. and i have to resort to personal approach. its tiring but fulfilling. i hope you have learn something out of me

for the primary 1 - 2 class, your class is the easiest to handle. maybe i have the experience to handle children of your age. and because its only 4 of you around. anyhow, its enjoyable to finish up the day with the 4 of you.

maybe its because i like helping people. or maybe like what my boss say, teaching is in my blood. I took my job to a step further, well.. making people happy my strong point. i belief that all my students are happy. i hope they are happy. and i wish they are happy. small things like having a picture taken and also printing for the student makes a brighter day for me n him/her. and being happy is always a part of me.

i will surely miss all the name callings, the good morning wishes, the boring/cold faces you show me in the 1st lesson, the shouting, laughing, joking, running, and all the small minor things that happen in this 10 days.

so do you think a 2 month planing for a 10 day workshop worth all the effort??
personally, i still believe i can do better. there are days that i slack of a little. and there are days that i give the fullest of myself to all. if time can be reverse, i will tell you i can do better. but, given the time, money and effort, i guess i am quite happy for the outcome. =) i would say... a score of 8/10??

special thanks to my boss, ms cindy for this special opportunity for letting me conduct this task. with your help and effort in guiding this 'new teacher' here, family for your suggestions and support, and not forgetting the important ones.. my friends that are always supportive for me that help me go through all this 10 indescribable days. thanks everyone.


p/s: sorry for the randomness, i am now still unwinding all that happen for the past 10 lessons.

short note: i will be leaving for penang from the 4th till the 18th of dec... will update when there is a chance. =)

1 comment:

s1m said...

wow.. finally u have done ur workshop.. tahniah tahniah.. *mad scientist sounds like Dr.jackyal* HAHA.. jkjk.. ENJOY ur trip anyway ~! take photos!